Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye - unable to login after server migration

Marco Benuzzi February 16, 2018

Hi,

I've Jira, Confluence and Fisheye on one server (virtual machine).

Before, the server was directly on internet (public IP address).

I've moved the vm to another datacenter, now the vm has a private IP and is behind a firewall. I've fixed all the issues with jira self-check.

Confluence and Jira are working well, as before.

The problem is on Fisheye.

I'm not able to login any more with error: "Password incorrect or unknown user".

I'm sure the login and password are right.

I've tried the link "Login Unable to access your account?", the system say me that a mail was sent, but nothing arrived.

I didn't find any log in fisheye installation directory.

How can I do?

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 16, 2018

Hi Marco,

If you cannot login, I would recommend walking through the steps in How to reset the Administration Page password in FishEye or Crucible.   This guide explains steps you can take in order be able to login to Fisheye with an admin level account.

I am curious if perhaps your Fisheye might have been configured to use the Jira instance for a user server.  If the IP address of the Jira server changes in this kind of configuration, your Fisheye users are unable to login because fisheye cannot contact the Jira instance under the IP address it knows.

You should be able to login as an Admin with the steps in that guide and from there you can take a closer look at your settings in Fisheye and adjust them if need be so that other users can login.

Please let us know the results.

Andy

Marco Benuzzi February 19, 2018

Hi Andrew.

The procedure to reset Fishye admin password works well.

Unfortunately I was not able to fix the login issues for fisheye users.

You are right about my use of Jira instance as user server.

I can give you some more info.

I've both confluence and fisheye which use jira as user server; confluence login works, but fail in users synchronization; fisheye fails users login.

Looking into logs I've found:

* jira side

2018-02-19 22:23:13,038 http-apr-8000-exec-8 WARN marco 1343x11957x1 o4pnni XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,192.168.13.100 /rest/applinks/3.0/status/d4813a68-eb13-3acf-bec5-be62c53c8c2f/oauth [c.a.j.config.fis
heye.FishEyeInstanceManagerImpl] Request to 'https://doc.vivaldiclima.com/repo/rest-service-fe/server-v1' failed due to missing OAuth credentials. Assuming FishEye+Crucible both available
com.atlassian.applinks.api.CredentialsRequiredException: You do not have an authorized access token for the remote resource.

2018-02-19 22:30:59,640 http-apr-8000-exec-1 ERROR marco 1350x12241x2 o4pnni XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX,192.168.13.100 /rest/fegadgets/1.0/fisheyerecentcommits/generate [c.a.p.r.c.error.jersey.ThrowableExceptionMapper] Uncaught exception thrown by REST service: null
java.lang.NullPointerException

* fisheye side

2018-02-19 22:35:19,748 ERROR - Error during the current user synchronisation
com.cenqua.fisheye.user.AuthenticationException: Problem communicating with Crowd
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.crowd.CrowdAuth.listUserNames(CrowdAuth.java:528) [fisheye.jar:?]
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.DefaultUserManager.getExternalUserNamesSanitized(DefaultUserManager.java:808) [fisheye.jar:?]
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.DefaultUserManager.synchroniseUsers(DefaultUserManager.java:748) [fisheye.jar:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [?:1.8.0_65]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) [?:1.8.0_65]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [?:1.8.0_65]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497) [?:1.8.0_65]
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317) [spring-aop-4.0.9.RELEASE.jar:4.0.9.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190) [spring-aop-4.0.9.RELEASE.jar:4.0.9.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157) [spring-aop-4.0.9.RELEASE.jar:4.0.9.RELEASE]
at com.googlecode.ehcache.annotations.interceptor.EhCacheInterceptor.invokeTriggersRemove(EhCacheInterceptor.java:191) [ehcache-spring-annotations-1.1.3.jar:?]
at com.googlecode.ehcache.annotations.interceptor.EhCacheInterceptor.invoke(EhCacheInterceptor.java:90) [ehcache-spring-annotations-1.1.3.jar:?]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179) [spring-aop-4.0.9.RELEASE.jar:4.0.9.RELEASE]
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207) [spring-aop-4.0.9.RELEASE.jar:4.0.9.RELEASE]
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy48.synchroniseUsers(Unknown Source) [?:?]
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.UserSynchroniserJob.execute(UserSynchroniserJob.java:31) [fisheye.jar:?]
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195) [quartz-1.5.1.jar:1.5.1]
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520) [quartz-1.5.1.jar:1.5.1]
Caused by: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. Go to JIRA home
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.throwError(RestExecutor.java:490) [crowd-integration-client-rest-2.6.2.jar:?]
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestExecutor$MethodExecutor.andReceive(RestExecutor.java:344) [crowd-integration-client-rest-2.6.2.jar:?]
at com.atlassian.crowd.integration.rest.service.RestCrowdClient.searchUserNames(RestCrowdClient.java:512) [crowd-integration-client-rest-2.6.2.jar:?]
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.crowd.CrowdAuth.lambda$listUserNames$68(CrowdAuth.java:525) [fisheye.jar:?]
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.crowd.CrowdAuth.withTimer(CrowdAuth.java:134) [fisheye.jar:?]
at com.cenqua.fisheye.user.crowd.CrowdAuth.listUserNames(CrowdAuth.java:510) [fisheye.jar:?]
... 17 more
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2018

Hi Marco,

Thanks for this additional information.  Given the errors you are getting, and what I understand about this recent change, I think the problem here is that the fisheye instance can no longer reach the previous address of the Jira instance.

Given the stacktrace from Fisheye, we have seen this kind of error on a number of related Atlassian applications and we have closely related KBs on how to fix this kind of problem.   I would recommend first checking out this Stash KB on this error:

Unable to connect to JIRA for authentication - Forbidden 403

Since we know that all these applications are on the same server, it might be worth trying the resolution steps in that KB to use an internal address such as 127.0.0.1 or localhost in order to connect Fisheye with Jira. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events