cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye shows a diff, Crucible says "No change"

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Odd issue, and I'm not convinced it's a bug, I think I'm just missing something.

A user created a Crucible review (we're on v3.3.1) and on 2 of the 4 files in the review, Crucible shows the two changesets it should be diffing (let's say AAAAAA and BBBBBB) but then below it says "No change". If I go to Fisheye and compare AAAAAA to BBBBBB, it clearly shows the change.

Why would Crucible say "No change" when Fisheye shows the change?

-Kelly Schoenhofen

5 answers

0 votes
Jon Gunnip April 22, 2016

Had same issue.  We use SVN.  Worked around it by creating a patch (svn diff -c <rev> > <rev>.patch) and basing the review off of the patch instead.

0 votes
Brandon Brigham September 4, 2015

Our SCM is SVN/Subversion, however, not Git as the original issue author noted.

0 votes
Brandon Brigham September 4, 2015

I seem to be running into the same exact problem. Are there any updates on this? Was a root cause identified and resolved? Thank you.

0 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2014

No, the developer (in this specific instance, I'm going to just pick one file doing this behavior) added four lines. Our SCM is git (Stash). While in Crucible, you can click on the Fisheye pulldown arrow on the right, click File Diff, and it displays the diff perfectly. The url in the file diff is exactly the two revisions Crucible says "No change" to.

0 votes
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2014

Are the changes whitespace only?

Which version control system?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events