Fisheye scanning repository speed

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi

im currently evaluating Fisheye,
Its running on the same linux machine as our svn repository, so it has direct file access

I added our main repository to be scanned
it took over 100 minutes for about a little over 800 revision, the trunk has about 80 MB

The revision are not so small, but in my opinion this is quite slow
are this numbers ok?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Unfortunately I do not know a benchmark took for the app, and yes, you appear to be correct on the SVN setup.

sysbench is a common package that you can install to benchmark performance on your server.

1 vote
Sergey Svishchev
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

With direct file access, scanning speed is about 5..15 ms per changed path (note that a branch/tag commit affects a lot of paths at once)

1 vote
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

Based off my experience for the number of changes and size using the vanilla configuration, it is slow. I don't have access to a bench mark tool of any kind. I just tested with similar setup (not SVN though) and I can get about 800 changes in about 10-15 minutes.

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

Overall question back...did you install it vanilla or did you do any customization?

Fisheye can move quickly or slow. The art is getting it in the "just right" sweet spot. You can alter memory allowed, size of the chunk to scan, etc. Sometimes going too high up the repository can mean you are scanning things that don't need to be scanned.

Also...if they are running on the same machine, you could be getting bit by disk I/O, Memory, processor, any number of things.

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

I installed it vanilla...
and i have to run it on the same machine because we are using SVN+SSH, and as far as I understand this is not possible with fisheye

I know all this fact, but I would like to know if this is realy slow, or this is normal usage speed.
Also I think the system is a little bit lagging. Is there some benchmark tool for the installation?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events