cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye not indexing any Git remote branches

David Corley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2013

We've got a few Git repositories that we're indexing with Fisheye. We're trying to view the contents of certain remote branches, but it appears Fisheye is not indexing them (They're not listed in any branches drop-down, nor can I find them anywhere else)

The only thing being indexed is master

Is this expected behaviour?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Corley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

So the resolution to our issue was this:

Prior to using git, we used Subversion and had some extremely large repositories. For performance reasons, we mirrored our SVN repos to the Fisheye server so they could be accessed with the file:/// protocol. When we introduced Git repos, we assumed the same local performance benefits would apply. However, after cloning the repos to the Fisheye box, and having Fisheye index the local copy, the remote branches on the origin weren't visible.

To fix the issue, we told Fisheye to index directly from the master (over the wire) instead of indexing from the local clone. After doing this, Fisheye correctly displayed all of the remote branches

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2015

Hi David,

Currently I have 6 repositories on my Fisheye server.

I am facing same problem that you had mentioned initially.

The problem persist only for single repository while others are working absolutely fine.

I have tried re-clone and re-index on that repository but I don't understand by

"we told Fisheye to index directly from the master (over the wire) instead of indexing from the local clone"

How can I index master????

could you please explain this to me!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2013

Thanks for the update, @David Corley.

Just an FYI - the way FishEye indexes both Git and Hg repositories is to first perform a bare clone of the repository to the local FishEye server. FishEye then processes the repository localy, via the file:/// protocol to keep things as performant as possible. Every POLL PERIOD, FishEye will first do a git fetch to retrieve an updates, before doing indexing those changes on the local clone.

Therefore, pointing FishEye to a remote repo should have no performance side effects for you.

Cheers,

Nick Pellow.

0 votes
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2013

Hi David,

Could you please do these steps?

1. Go to FishEye Administration > Global Settings > Server > Debug Logging and click the Turn Debugging ON button.

2. Reproduce the problem.

3. Generate a Support Zip FishEye Administration >> Systems Settings >> Atlassian Support Tools >> Support Zip

4. Attach it to a support ticket to be investigated.

5. Go to ({{FishEye Administration > Global Settings > Server > Debug Logging}}) and click the {{Turn Debugging OFF}} button.

This way we can help you investigate why it's happening.

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events