I've had fisheye installed for a few days now and I've restarted it several times. I set up a SVN repo (hosted at http://codesion.com/) and it connects okay but for days has been stuck on "getting difs" or "Created changeset 1" and the status has been 'scanning' for days. The source only shows the very first check-in ever done and it hasn't been able to get anything more recent.
What should I look for to fix this?
As an update, my current client has just decided to drop Fisheye. Whilst we love what it does, it simply doesn't scale on large repositories and hence is functionally useless to us. FWIW, the repo that is the problem for us is around 75Gb and it started to struggle when we hit 200,000 revisions. With 350,000 revisions it because unusable, and although Atlassian took an interest, they have not been able to fix it.
If you have a large number of revisions in your repo, I hate to say it, but you might need to look elsewhere.
Try creating a local clone of the repo using svnsync or svnadmin dump and load. Then have fisheye scan it using the file:// protocol, when it's up to date you can switch back to the remote repo.
But "scanning for days" is pretty much standard fisheye behaviour in my experience, particularly if you have many tags/branches.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs