Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye not getting all revisions from SVN hosted at Codesion

logiformscore July 16, 2011

I've had fisheye installed for a few days now and I've restarted it several times. I set up a SVN repo (hosted at http://codesion.com/) and it connects okay but for days has been stuck on "getting difs" or "Created changeset 1" and the status has been 'scanning' for days. The source only shows the very first check-in ever done and it hasn't been able to get anything more recent.

What should I look for to fix this?

2 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2011

Try creating a local clone of the repo using svnsync or svnadmin dump and load. Then have fisheye scan it using the file:// protocol, when it's up to date you can switch back to the remote repo.

But "scanning for days" is pretty much standard fisheye behaviour in my experience, particularly if you have many tags/branches.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2011

How big is the repo, and how roughly how many revisions are there?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2011

As an update, my current client has just decided to drop Fisheye. Whilst we love what it does, it simply doesn't scale on large repositories and hence is functionally useless to us. FWIW, the repo that is the problem for us is around 75Gb and it started to struggle when we hit 200,000 revisions. With 350,000 revisions it because unusable, and although Atlassian took an interest, they have not been able to fix it.

If you have a large number of revisions in your repo, I hate to say it, but you might need to look elsewhere.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events