cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye login problem

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2014

problem in loggin to fisheye after installation?

id:admin

pass:admin

not working?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2014

Hi Rahul,

When you first set up FishEye you give an admin password, which is not associated with any particular user.

If you click the 'Administration' link at the bottom of a FishEye page you will be taken to an administration login page where you can enter that password. You will then be taken to the Administration page. You can give other users administration permissions there, if you wish.

Please let us know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Tom

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

got it

thanks

0 votes
rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

Hi Svante,

Yes I setup the admin account as

id: admin

pw: admin

but still it is not working.

0 votes
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

Hi Rahul,

When you installed and configured FE, did you setup the admin account as

This should work as I understand it. If you need to reset the admin password, check out this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/How+to+reset+the+Administration+Page+password+in+FishEye+or+Crucible

Follow this instruction and you should be able to login to the admin-page again.

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,

// Svante

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

Hi Svante,

Yes I setup the admin account as

but still it is not working.

Like Deleted user likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

Can you provide some error messages? What happens?

Have you tried to reset the admin password as described above?

Cheers,

// Svante

rahuldanwade
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

yes, during installation time I have configured alphanumeric password "admin123".

after that I have tried to log in with

pass: admin

error message prompted was invalid usename/password

But when I integrated fisheye with jira

id: admin pass: admin worked fine though I have configured pass: admin123 at the fisheye configuration time.

I guess it is importing users from jira hence id: admin pass: admin worked.

please tell if my speculation is true and waht happened to my initial configuration password("admin123").

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2014

hmm, I don't understand. If you assigned the password "admin123" to the admin account during setup, why did you try to login with password "admin"?

Did you connect JIRA as User Management during setup? In either case you need to login with the account created during setup (admin:admin123) and from the admin page assign a user from JIRA as administrator, if needed.

The admin account created during setup is a local account to FE and has no connection to any external user management systems. To avoid any name conflicts when using external user management systems it is alway good practice to name accounts such as: "fisheye-admin" etc.

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events