Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye is not showing commits from today

Dave Pacifico August 4, 2011

I cannot seem to figure out why my activity stream in Fisheye does not show commits for the current day. It always shows commits up to and including the previous day, but never for today. This is a problem for many reasons, including quick code reviews in Crucible. Can anyone help?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Pacifico August 22, 2011

Thank you both for your suggestions. I looked closer at our configuration and someone had incorrectly configured the repository location to start with http:// even though it was a local repository. I'm not entirely sure if this resulted in some kind of daily caching or how this caused the problem, but changing it and reindexing has fixed the problem. Thanks again for the help.

1 vote
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 4, 2011

It would be good to know what type of repository you are using (Subversion, Mercurial, etc)

I would start by looking at FishEye's admin section. If you click on the repo name, you will bring up the repository definition dialog, which starts on the "Summary" pane. This includes the repository status and the recent repository activity. The activity is a list of the equivalent command-line commands that FishEye has used to query your repository. The list includes the time and duration of command execution. You should be able to see some activity here in response to a commit.

To go deeper, I'd turn on debug logging and monitor the fisheye-debug log.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

I'll take a guess that fisheye is set up to scan for commits every one minute which is the default, and you haven't changed it...

If so, did you set fisheye up yourself? Is it possible that it's pointing to replica repositories, maybe for performance reasons, that get synced overnight? Assuming you have admin rights on fisheye take a look at the location of the vcs repos, and check it's what you expect.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events