Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye Subversion repository exceeding license limit of starter license, due to number of committer

Pall Bjornsson December 23, 2017

I inherited a legacy SVN (Subversion) repository which I would like to index in Fisheye and I would like it to be indexed from the first commit and all the 49000 commits.

I know how to add user mappings so a Subversion commiter is mapped to a Fisheye username and I have done so for all the Subversion committers I can find by browsing the repository history in Tortoise SVN client. 

My user mappings are quite many but even after going through the commit history and adding every committer I can find to the mapping table, I am still unable to complete the indexing of this repository... it always says license is exceeded and stops indexing.

How can I make sure this repository can be indexed into Fisheye without hitting the license barrier ?

Please advice,

Palli

2 answers

0 votes
Pall Bjornsson December 26, 2017

Hi @Felipe Kraemer,

Thanks for your response. 

You mentioned generating a 30 day trial license and import the repository using that license. 

What happens to the repository when I apply the starter license after the import / indexing is finished? Will the repository stop working ?

Palli

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hello @Pall Bjornsson,

In that case, you will start facing the exact same problem you're currently facing.

Fisheye will identify that a Starter license is configured and will apply the restrictions that license has and, as the repository will have more than 10 committers in its history, indexing will stop. You will still be able to see everything that got indexed that far, but you won't be able to index new changesets.

Regards,

Felipe

Pall Bjornsson December 27, 2017

Hi @Felipe Kraemer,

Hmmm.... I actually wonder what will happen after the indexing completes.

I did start the test by creating an evaluation license and started indexing the SVN repository. After the first phase is done, I browsed the repository and see that there are over 70 committers.

However, the user mappings seem to be working, as the committing users are only two, myself and the other FishEye user all the rest of the committers is mapped to.

So now, what will FishEye starter license be looking at when it starts this repository? Will it be the total number of committers stated in the browse repository summary, or will it be the total number of FishEye users said to be the FishEye users/committers, which are only two ?

Palli

Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi @Pall Bjornsson,

Fisheye considers the total number of committers stated in the browse repository summary, i.e., ~70 committers you have mentioned, that is why indexing will stop whenever the Starter license is configured again after the indexing finishes.

Regards,

Felipe

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
December 26, 2017

Hi @Pall Bjornsson,

I am afraid you won't be able to accomplish that while using a Starter license.

As mentioned at Restrictions on FishEye Starter Licenses, your options are:

• Generate a 30-day evaluation license, selecting a license that allows more users than the Starter license.
  • Upgrade your existing Starter license, which willl remove the user limit.
  • Reconfigure your repository, by either:
    • Changing your repository definition so as to look at a subset of your repository, reducing the indexing scope and the number of users involved.
    • Excluding parts of your repository that are not really relevant. Committers that are active only in these areas will not appear in Fisheye and will not be included in the committer count.
    • Set a specific revision to start indexing from. All commits prior to this starting point will be ignored by Fisheye, so the committers who performed those commits won't be included in the committer count.

The 4th option mentioned there, Map Committers, applies only for Git and Mercurial repositories, and this should be done at Git / Mercurial repository level, not at Fisheye.

Sincerely,

Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events