Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye SVN Connection Details

Jaime Heenehan March 22, 2016

Does the username used to connect, need Read/Write or Read only access to the SVN repository?

Thanks, Jaime Heenehan

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2016

Read only access is sufficient. FishEye and Crucible do not write any repository.

Topher Eliot March 22, 2016

In fact buried somewhere in the documentation there is a recommendation that you create a "Fisheye" user in Subversion that has read-only access, for just this purpose.  At our facility we already had a "build" Subversion user, so we use that, and it works just fine.

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

If your Fecru instance is installed on the name environment as your SVN repo, I suggest using the file:/// protocol as it requires no account and lightning fast.

Jaime Heenehan March 23, 2016

Thanks Gabrielle.  I've noticed that we have a number of repos in the same environment using the file:/// protocol, some have accounts specified and others don't.  Is the account info not used, or can there be cases where it is needed?  I've tried taking the account info out and doing the "Test Connection" and it is successful.  But I've found that the "Test Connection" often shows the "successful" message when I know that it should be failing.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

That account will not be used if you are using file:/// protocol

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events