Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye/Crucible upgrade from 2.10.0 to 3.5.0

Samuel Martin July 28, 2014

Looking at the recommendation to follow all the requirements through the various version to upgrade from 2.10.0 to 3.5.0 seems like there would be a huge opertunity for something to go wrong.

My question: Is there a scripted process for performing such an upgrade?

I'm extreemly nervous about performing so many steps and taking down the entire platform for much longer than necessary. Recovering inbetween these individual upgrades, especially if there are db modifications, would make this upgrade way more fun than necessary.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

You should certainly take backups of your database and your FISHEYE_INST directory before upgrading.

I would suggest making a copy of your instance and testing the upgrade process on that, as you are upgrading from a fairly old version, but the upgrade is no more complex from an administrative point of view than any other upgrade.

A test upgrade would tell you how long your instance will take to upgrade, which is difficult to predict as it depends on the size, type and layout of your repositories.

Samuel Martin August 3, 2014

Yah, all good suggestions and I do have an environment for such things. Maybe I should have posted my question a little differently...

Can I use the 3.5.x upgrade on my 2.10.0 versions directly or would I have to run through each version sequentially? I'm hoping the former is the suggested route. :)

lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2014

No need to go through the older versions - you can just upgrade to the latest one.

0 votes
Samuel Martin August 4, 2014

Not having to run through all the previous versions to upgrade to the current is the perfect answer. Thanks for you help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events