Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye + Crucible independently licensed

Craig Kelley June 26, 2014

Can a Fisheye+Crucible joint install be independently licensed (eg, 25 Fisheye users with 50 Crucible users)?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Kelley June 29, 2014

A response from Atlassian:

Ria Ranosa

Today 5:25 AM

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. I am happy to help you out.

If using Crucible along with FishEye (in all cases), your FishEye license must have an equal or greater number of users in order to be compatible with Crucible.

Hope this clarifies! Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,

Rejoice Rañosa

Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2014

Thanks for the clarification!

The documentation should be updated to reflect this specific requirement. The page in the Fisheye documentation I refer to below does not state this.

I tried to "purchase" 10 FishEye and 50 Crucible licenses in the webshop and there was no objections in doing this. I didn't follow through to the actual purchase, just to the cart. But nevertheless...

Of course these licenses could be aimed for different setups but probably they are not so a bit of warning would be great here so that customers don't purchase the wrong amount of licenses. Don't you agree?

Cheers,

// Svante

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Sorry, Craig, I didn't realize the Atlassian guy wasn't participating in this thread :-)

It was not my intention that you should update the Atlassian docs.

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2014

Hi Craig,

No you don't need the same license tier for Fisheye and Crucible.

Check out this previous post on the topic: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/279207/do-i-need-to-buy-a-license-for-fish-eye-if-i-use-only-crucible-code-review-tool

And this page is good also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=298977362

Hope that clarifies things for you!

Cheers,

// Svante

Craig Kelley June 26, 2014

Thanks! I saw the other response, but we specifically have Fisheye+Crucible on a single instance with 25 users, and we want to only upgrade Crucible to 50. Thanks for clarifying.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events