Fisheye + Crucible independently licensed

Can a Fisheye+Crucible joint install be independently licensed (eg, 25 Fisheye users with 50 Crucible users)?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

A response from Atlassian:

Ria Ranosa

Today 5:25 AM

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. I am happy to help you out.

If using Crucible along with FishEye (in all cases), your FishEye license must have an equal or greater number of users in order to be compatible with Crucible.

Hope this clarifies! Please contact us if you need any further assistance.

Cheers,

Rejoice Rañosa

Thanks for the clarification!

The documentation should be updated to reflect this specific requirement. The page in the Fisheye documentation I refer to below does not state this.

I tried to "purchase" 10 FishEye and 50 Crucible licenses in the webshop and there was no objections in doing this. I didn't follow through to the actual purchase, just to the cart. But nevertheless...

Of course these licenses could be aimed for different setups but probably they are not so a bit of warning would be great here so that customers don't purchase the wrong amount of licenses. Don't you agree?

Cheers,

// Svante

Sorry, Craig, I didn't realize the Atlassian guy wasn't participating in this thread :-)

It was not my intention that you should update the Atlassian docs.

Cheers,

// Svante

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Craig,

No you don't need the same license tier for Fisheye and Crucible.

Check out this previous post on the topic: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/279207/do-i-need-to-buy-a-license-for-fish-eye-if-i-use-only-crucible-code-review-tool

And this page is good also: https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=298977362

Hope that clarifies things for you!

Cheers,

// Svante

Thanks! I saw the other response, but we specifically have Fisheye+Crucible on a single instance with 25 users, and we want to only upgrade Crucible to 50. Thanks for clarifying.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you