Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye / Crucible backup fail

Martin Burton August 16, 2013

Hi. We have Fisheye & crucible 2.10.0.

I have attempted to take a full backup with repository and application caches included, but am getting the error "The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file". This has happened twice. I disabled the anti-virus scanning for the second attempt. how can I find out what other process could be locking the file & which file is being locked?

Thanks,

Martin.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
CelsoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

Hi there Martin,

Can you please try stopping Crucible instance and follow the steps found on this link?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CRUCIBLE/Backing+up+and+restoring+Crucible+data

The command line should be able to create your backup after the instance be stopped.

Regards,

Celso Yoshioka

0 votes
Martin Burton August 30, 2013

Hi. Thanks for both answers. I tried Celso's suggestion of running the backup from the command line, although I had to leave Fisheye / Crucible running as stated in thelink. This was succesfull.

I was concerned that Handle.exe would only list the files locked at the time it was run, and I expect it was just temporary, and would be released by the time I got to it.

Martin.

0 votes
aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2013

From the sounds of it you are using a Windows Server? If so, you can figure out a little more on what process is locking your file through Handle by SysInternals. It shows what process is locking your file.

>Handle.exe >C:\Temp\Temp.txt

The above will write all file handles to 'C:\Temp\Temp.txt'. From there you can find your file by name in the temp file and see who is locking it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events