Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fisheye/Crucible Application Link Assistance

Patrick Peace July 11, 2019

Good Afternoon Everyone,

TLDR:

Setting up FIsheye/Crucible server and having issues fining documentation on which Atlassian products it should be connected to.

Currently has app links to Jira and Bitbucket, but should it connect to Confluence and Bamboo too. 

Any advice or links to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Issue:

I am currently working on a project to build out a new Fisheye/Crucible server and I am having some issues finding some of the information I need regrading application links.

I read though and followed the guides below for setting up Fisheye/Crucible app links.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/linking-to-another-application-960155619.html

I am not having any technical issues but more having an issue understanding which Atlassian products Fisheye/Crucible should connect to.

I currently have connected Fisheye/Crucible to Jira and Bitbucket as code review will need access to these to pull code and create tickets for tracking work, but I am not sure if I should or if there is any benefit to connecting Fisheye/Crucible to Confluence or Bamboo.

Any links to documentation or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2019

I would recommend starting with the Atlassian Git Tutorials. You can use Crucible for code review of Bitbucket/Git repos, but I believe you will have mixed success at best.  

Fisheye/Crucible are intended to be used in the centralized version control paradigm. When you connect it to Subversion, Perforce or other version control systems, it scans the changesets and makes them available for "traditional" code review.  You select which code you want reviewed, create a review, assign reviewers and complete the review.

Git/Bitbucket/Github/Gitlab, etc don't work at their best in this paradigm.  Git has a built in method of managing code reviews.  It's called a "pull request." When you want to make a change, you create a branch. You commit against this branch and then merge.  During the merge, there is a gate that doesn't allow the merge without an approval. This is the point at which code review occurs. The tutorial explains this is great detail, so that should help you understand the concepts better. I would recommend using pull requests with Git and not Crucible.  Crucible will work well with your other non-git source control systems.

Patrick Peace September 6, 2019

Thank you Dave,

Sorry for the slow response.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events