FishEye running on Internet Explorer 8

Andrew Sumner October 11, 2011

I'm using internet explorer 8 (work policy) and find that a lot of things in FishEye either perform very slowly or need the page refreshed several times before anything will show. In some instances nothing will show. Am I likley to get a better experiance using a different browser?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2011

Yeah. Certain views in fisheye, such as annotated source views, produce pages with grillions of DOM elements. IE does not handle this well at all... Chrome or Firefox are much quicker.

Also, I doubt that IE is the default browser for anyone at all in Atlassian... it stands to reason that their apps will work best with the browsers that they use day to day. Not to say that they don't test in IE, just that stuff is not "optimised" for IE. And apart from anything else, Chrome and Firefox are just far better browsers.

However, if you get different results after a page refresh that sounds like a bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events