Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye not working with git and ssh

Paul Karlin November 6, 2011

Hello,

I have FishEye 2.7.4 and msysgit 1.7.4 installed on a Windows 2003 x64 server. I have been using it successfully to index a remote repository that was available via Windows file sharing -- e.g. file:////server/repo.git -- however I'm trying to move the remote to a Linux server and make it available via ssh. The new URL would be ssh://newserver/home/gitssh/repo.git for example.

I have a key pair that I know works and has no passphrase, and I've tried two ways to get it to work in FishEye:

1. I placed the keys in C:\Documents and Settings\username\.ssh (where username is the account under which FishEye is running as a service via SRVANY). In the web interface I choose "no authentication" figuring that the system should just find the key. Clicking "test connection" causes FishEye to hang for a 15-30 seconds and then fail with the following error:

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

Connection failed.

It also results in a stray "ssh.exe" process, which leads me to believe FishEye just isn't finding the private key where I'd expect it to look.

2. I uploaded the private key using FishEye's web interface. Clicking "test connection" causes the following error almost immediately:

Fisheye is using 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\ssh.exe' to authenticate with SSH authenticated repositories.

Error testing connection.
Error talking to repository:

'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Connection failed.

This leads me to believe something is misconfigured with my path or with ssh itself, but I couldn't find anything obviously wrong.

In both cases, I've tried the ssh URL with and without username@ before the hostname. Any suggestions, either for placing the key in the right location, or for setting up the path to ssh.exe properly, or for anything else I'm missing, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Karlin November 6, 2011

Updating to msysGit 1.7.7.1 appears to have solved the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events