Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye Jira scanning for UCM ClearCase : What exactly is linked back to Jira as Source Activity

Dana Frost August 17, 2011

I have set up FishEye with ClearCase UCM and it generaly works fine. I have also been able to connect it with Jira and have it link to UCM activies that include the Jira Issue Key in the UCM activity name back to Jira. I have tried doing this by including the Jira Key in the UCM Activity comment but this does not seem to work.

My Question:

Is the UCM Activity Name the only thing that will link a UCM changeset back to a Jira Issue in the source tab when they are properly connected?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2011

Hi,

In general, you can link a changeset to a Jira issue by including the jira issue key in the changeset comment. For UCM ClearCase, FishEye uses the activity headline as the changeset comment, so everything should work fine if you create your activities as follows:

cleartool mkactivity -headline "JIRA-1234: some description" my_fancy_activity

Dana Frost August 18, 2011

Great tip. This makes it easy to update an existing activity with a additional/diffrent issue. That will be very useful. Thanks.

Good tip, thanks. You can make the text a bit more meaningful this way.

0 votes

This is the answer I got from Support and it seems correct to me. Additionaly using the activity "headline" also works well.

-With UCM/Project Scanning in FishEye, ONLY Jira Keys in Activity Names/Headlines will link to Jira SOURCE tab for an issue.

-With Base ClearCase Scanning in FishEye, ONLY Jira Keys in ci comments will link to Jira SOURCE tab for an issue.

The only think I am not likeing about the way the linking works is that the issue links appear before they are delivered into the integration stream. While on the one hand, that may be a good thing because you see the related code as soon as the work is avaiable (as a developer this is a good thing) but it may confuse tester thinking the code is ready to test in the next integration build which is not necesarily the case. Still its working pretty well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events