Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

FishEye Empty remote heads list returned

For some time now FishEye fails to find new commits to some (not all) git repositories. I found these error messages in the log files:

atlassian-fisheye-2019-08-07.log:2019-08-07 19:43:26,021 WARN [IncrPing1 reponame ] fisheye GitScanner-fetchLatest - Empty remote heads list returned, which makes no sense. Skipping this fetch.

• All repositories have been created the same way with scm-manager
  • fisheye has direct filesystem acces to the repos (file:///svn/git/reponame)
  • cloning the repository works (git clone /svn/git/reponame) and I can see the logs with all current commits. The repository doesn't seem to be damaged
  • FishEye Version is 4.7.1
  • FishEye does not report any errors about these repositories. Just the messages in the log file

This has worked before. FishEye lists all commits up until 2019-02-01, all newer commits from 2019-05-13 and later are missing.

How can I find out what the problem with these repositories is?

1 answer

0 votes

The message "Empty remote heads list returned, which makes no sense. Skipping this fetch." means that the command:

git ls-remote --heads

returned no results. Maybe your repository is empty (i.e. was just initialised but has no commits)?

To be honest, after so much time I don't know anymore on which of our two Fisheye instances this appeared and which repositories were affected. I don't know if this problem still persists. But as I wrote in my question the repositories were definitely not empty, I could see commits in the git log which were not visible in Fisheye, even though it claimed it hat just scanned the repository.

In case you see it again, feel free to report a ticket at getsupport.atlassian.com. My team can look at it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

⚡️NEW Group for Confluence Cloud Admins

Calling all Confluence Cloud Admins!  We created a new Community Group to support your unique needs as Confluence admins. This is a group where you can ask questions, access resou...

112 views 2 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you