cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye Empty remote heads list returned

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2019

For some time now FishEye fails to find new commits to some (not all) git repositories. I found these error messages in the log files:

atlassian-fisheye-2019-08-07.log:2019-08-07 19:43:26,021 WARN [IncrPing1 reponame ] fisheye GitScanner-fetchLatest - Empty remote heads list returned, which makes no sense. Skipping this fetch.

• All repositories have been created the same way with scm-manager
  • fisheye has direct filesystem acces to the repos (file:///svn/git/reponame)
  • cloning the repository works (git clone /svn/git/reponame) and I can see the logs with all current commits. The repository doesn't seem to be damaged
  • FishEye Version is 4.7.1
  • FishEye does not report any errors about these repositories. Just the messages in the log file

This has worked before. FishEye lists all commits up until 2019-02-01, all newer commits from 2019-05-13 and later are missing.

How can I find out what the problem with these repositories is?

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2020

The message "Empty remote heads list returned, which makes no sense. Skipping this fetch." means that the command:

git ls-remote --heads

returned no results. Maybe your repository is empty (i.e. was just initialised but has no commits)?

Gerald Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2020

To be honest, after so much time I don't know anymore on which of our two Fisheye instances this appeared and which repositories were affected. I don't know if this problem still persists. But as I wrote in my question the repositories were definitely not empty, I could see commits in the git log which were not visible in Fisheye, even though it claimed it hat just scanned the repository.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2020

In case you see it again, feel free to report a ticket at getsupport.atlassian.com. My team can look at it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events