Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FishEye 3.1 stuck at 99% indexing and will not finish

logiformscore September 26, 2013

After upgrading to 3.1, Fisheye is hanging (with no errors in the log) when re-indexing our existing SVN repo:

<label class="GBRQCM4CCC"> Current Activity:</label>Full indexing in-progress<label class="GBRQCM4CCC"></label>
<label class="GBRQCM4CCC"> Status Message:</label>Expanding paths of changeset 3559
It says its99.9% complete.. but will not finish. New committs are not shown. If I restart fisheye, the last commit will then appear and it then gets stuck again at the same point.

9 answers

2 votes
Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

We found that our indexing operation was hitting the default subversion timeout in fisheye. Single changesets were taking more than an hour to complete (timing out at an hour). This was confirmed by the indexing log (in the UI) showing one operation taking >3600000ms. We increased the timeout to a few hours and got through the repo (slowly).

1 vote
Hippo CMS Infra Team May 12, 2015

HI @TomB,

Unfortunately we didn't find a solution. It still happens sometimes with the most recent version and the most recent java versions but not very frequently and only with the file:// protocol. As workaround I temporary switch to the http:// protocol until the indexing is past the problematic revision and then back to the file protocol for the extra speed.

Bart

Tom Bell May 13, 2015

Thanks. I may try your http workaround as well since increasing the timeout doesn't seem to help.

0 votes
Tom Bell May 12, 2015

To @Hippo CMS Infra Team, have you had success tracking down the cause of the indexing timeout?  We're attempting to reindex a local copy of a single repo and it's been stuck at 77% for two weeks now while expanding paths of changesets.

Tom

0 votes
Hippo CMS Infra Team April 8, 2014

Now I get I timout after 20 hours :-( I'll raise an issue with atlassian.

0 votes
Hippo CMS Infra Team April 7, 2014

I increased the timeout two 2 hours, but now I see the following error every 2 hours (instead of every hour):

2014-04-08 16:28:38,063 ERROR - Problem processing revisions from repo public due to class com.cenqua.fisheye.rep.RepositoryClientException - java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException

We setup our fisheye instance to use a local mirror of our subversion tree from disk with "file:///var/svn-repo". So I'm not sure if increasing the timeout will actually help. It might be some svn locking issue.

For now I've set the timeout to 20 hours and hopefully it will finally process the specific commit (which isn't anything much bigger than normal).

I'll report back when I've more info.

Some more info on our system:

Fisheye 3.3.3

JAVA:
java version "1.7.0_51"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_51-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 24.51-b03, mixed mode)
SVN repo:

# cat format
# cat db/format 
layout sharded 1000

# svn --version

svn, version 1.8.5 (r1542147) compiled Feb 13 2014, 00:11:36 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

0 votes
Hippo CMS Infra Team April 6, 2014

Thanks! I'll try that.

0 votes
Hippo CMS Infra Team April 6, 2014

Any progress on this issue? We're having the same issue..

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 2, 2013

Same here, will file a support issue

0 votes
Chad Barnes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2013

We're seeing similar behavior. Fisheye 3.1.4. Hanging expanding the same changeset.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events