Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does repo UUID gets copied from an imported dump?

Andrei Krishkevich March 5, 2012

I'm considering importing a repository to Fisheye SVN from another SVN hosting provider. If upon import the repository UUID does not match the original one we had, all programmers will have to check out a fresh copy from the new repository and start working with that. This means that while we're migrating the repository all their code must be checked into the old one, and no one can do work while migration occurs. On the other hand, if UUID does change to the one our old repository had, all the developers would have to do is change repository URL and everything would work.

I don't see a way of manually setting UUID of a SVN repository in Fisheye (svnadmin does work with URLs either). My question is will my Fisheye get the original repo's UUID if I import its SVN dump?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2012

You can submit a support request and we can set a UUID for you. However, note that if the structure of the imported repo is different from the original one you're working on, this is not a good idea and fresh checkouts are the way to go.

Andrei Krishkevich March 6, 2012

Thanks, Michael. Would you happen to know how long approximately it takes for the request to process and UUID to change?

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2012

You can request the support engineer schedule this changeover to happen at a specific time. The action to change the UUID itself is fairly simple and quick, so if you would like to have a controlled cut-over this is probably the best option.

Otherwise we'd be able to action the request within 24 hours (most likely quicker than this though).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events