Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does latest version support revieiwing from local repositories (using Mercurial)?

Nariman Riahi August 26, 2011

We use Mercurial and the issue with Crucible 2.5 is that I can not do code review from my local repository. Does the latest version suppoort this functionality?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mwatson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 1, 2011

If by "local" clone, you mean your clone of a central respository which is being indexed by FishEye, then the short answer is no.

Instead, you can do a hg diff against the latest revisision on the central server an upload that as a pre-commit or patch review.

Even better is to use a "feature branch" workflow where you make your changes on a branch, push then to the central repository and review them, then when the review is complete, merge it to your main branch (this is the workflow we use internally on the FishEye team).

You could run "hg serve" and get your FishEye to index your local clone and then raise a review on that, but the index may take some time to complete, you have to run hg serve whenerver you want FishEye to pick up changes, and reviews will not detect the commit when it is pushed to the central repository, so you will miss the audit trail of the review.

0 votes
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2011

Yes, the current version of Crucible supports Mercurial, but it has done so even before the 2.5 release.

FishEye makes its own local clone and this works from a local repository without problems for me, certainly for the current version.

Can you elaborate on what problem you have experienced? What version of Mecurial are you using and what is your OS? How are you specifying the local repository location?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events