Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cruicible seems to assume that I'm the author when I create a review - how do I create a review for someone else's code?

J Stark August 10, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating a review

Ask your question here...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

Hi John,

The 'Author' Role you see in the review actually refers to the creator of the review, not the committer of the code, and this will always be the person creating the review. The authors of the lines committed can actually be seen in one of the columns presented when viewing the source code within a review.

You can, still, edit the review to change its Author, if you wish. For this, a user must have proper permissions for editing a review (the permissions on a Crucible project are controlled by the Permission Schemes). A user with such permission can click on "Edit Details" in a review, and then edit the field "Author", selecting a different user.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

J Stark August 11, 2016

It was not obvious to me that the author could be changed since it appears as a static field in the edit details pane.  But now I see that clicking on it opens an drop-list-edit field.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events