Crucible version 2.7.4 and Eclipse IDE Connector

Deleted user September 27, 2011

Looking at the supported platforms document for IDE Connector version 2.2, it lists Crucible support for up to version 2.2.

Are there any versions of the Connector that work with the latest Crucible release (currently 2.7.4 I believe)?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2011

Hi,

Here is an official statement:

Our products have evolved drastically over the past few years and now provide many of the rich features that were previously only available via our IDE integration. In fact many of the product features are nowadays much faster and easier to use than their IDE plugin equivalent.

Therefore we have decided to focus our efforts on the web experience, rather than replicating existing functionality within the IDE. Our goal is to still provide a useful connection between the two environments, but only where we can actually enhance the experience instead of simply replicating features.

Going forward, we will maintain most of the integration with JIRA as well as the Bamboo integration. The Crucible and Fisheye integration however will be removed in future versions of the Connector, with only the click through from the web being maintained. We will soon open-source the original versions of the connector on BitBucket, but will not maintain or support the old version going forward.

Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Cheers,
Jacek

Deleted user September 28, 2011

Thanks!

Personally, I much prefer the web experience - so this isn't necessarily bad news.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2011

Hi,

Unfortunately the Atlassian Connector for Eclipse since version 3.0 does not support Crucible any more. The last version which supports Crucible is Connector 2.3 and it works fine with Crucible 2.2.

I'm sorry for the sad news.

Cheers,

Jacek

Any reason for this? Are there plans to update the Eclipse Connector?

0 votes
Piotr Maruszak September 28, 2011

IDEA Connector works with CRU 2.7.3 and SVN. I've updated compatibility matrix (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/IDEPLUGIN/Supported+Platforms+-+Atlassian+Connector+for+IntelliJ+IDEs).

I would like to mention that IDEA Connector supports only precommit reviews other functionality is no longer supported.

Any updates on the Eclipse connector? I should have mentioned that in the question.

0 votes
jjaroczynski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2011

Which Connector do you mean? Eclipse, IntelliJ Idea?

Sorry. Updated question to clarify. I am referring to the Eclipse connector.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events