Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible setup fails after entering license

Henning Blohm December 18, 2019

Hi, we just tried to install and configure crucible. Following the documentation the installation succeeds until we enter the license key. After that, even after restarting, we get

Exception "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response is committed" (javax.servlet.ServletException) while processing "/WEB-INF/jsp/setup/display.jsp" (Referer:"null")
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Response is committed
at org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.setup.jiraConnect_jsp._jspService(jiraConnect_jsp.java:184) [classes/:?]
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70) [apache-jsp-8.5.40.jar:8.5.40]
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790) [javax.servlet-api-3.1.0.jar:3.1.0]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:876) [jetty-servlet-9.4.19.v20190610.jar:9.4.19.v20190610]
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Chain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1700) [jetty-servlet-9.4.19.v20190610.jar:9.4.19.v20190610]
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.IteratingFilterChain.doFilter(IteratingFilterChain.java:39) [atlassian-plugins-servlet-4.4.8.jar:?]

whenever we try to connect.

Our config.xml looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config control-bind="127.0.0.1:8059" version="1.0">
<!-- see example-config.xml and config.xsd for more documentation -->

<license SID="${SEN GOES HERE}"><fisheye>Disabled</fisheye><crucible>${License Base64 key goes here}</crucible></license>

<web-server>
<http bind=":8060"/>
</web-server>
<security allow-anon="true" allow-cru-anon="true">
<built-in>
<signup enabled="true"/>
</built-in>
<admins><system-admins/></admins><avatar><disabled/></avatar></security>
<repository-defaults>
<linker/>
<allow/>
<tarball enabled="false" maxFileCount="0"/>
<security allow-anon="true"/>
<text-indexer enabled="true"/><watches enabled="true"/><commit-message-syntax syntax="plain"/><changeset-discussions enabled="true"/><show-checkout-url>true</show-checkout-url></repository-defaults>
<check-for-updates/><snippet/></config>

and other environment settings are:

PATH="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games"
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/
FISHEYE_INST=/home/atlassian/atlassian/application-data/fecru

the Java version is openjdk version "1.8.0_222"

and we run on Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks,

Henning

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Blohm January 14, 2020

To answer my own question: It seems that the license was incorrectly copied into config.xml. After fixing that the redirect was not attempted anymore and so the committed response would not lead to an error anymore.

shyam.r June 18, 2020

In my case, the license was correctly copied into config.xml. I still face the mentioned issue.

shyam.r June 18, 2020

I used fecru-4.8.2 version. What was yours?

Like Danny Samuel likes this
Danny Samuel
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

I faced the same issue as well on fecru-4.8.2 replacing the config.xml fixed the issue

Like shyam.r likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events