Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible how to create a review where I am the moderator and reviewer and someone else is the author?

Brad Rymer June 22, 2011

Hi,

We are using crucible 2.4.1.

Can crucible be setup to let me create a review where I am the moderator and reviewer and someone else is the author?

I found http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257320164&#257320164 which is someone asking for the same thing in 2009 and the updates imply it's possible.

I guess it may be related to Crucible 'Permission schemes' but if so I don't know what needs to be done. We're using the default permissions scheme.

Thanks,

Brad.

2 answers

0 votes
Yehosef Shapiro April 16, 2012

using FE 2.7 -- why then does it say when creating a reviews without a reviewer "If there are only two people in this review, it is best to make one of them a Reviewer and the other Moderator and Author."

The problem with this advice is that the control of "starting" the review falls on the author, who is being reviewed - it seems to put them in the driver seat of the review which seems odd.

I'm new to crucible - maybe I'm missing something.

seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2012

By default, Crucible assumes the author of the review is in control. That is, they are the user who puts the code up for review, rather than an external party coming in and running the show.

You can switch this logic around by changing your permission scheme to disallow the author from starting/closing the review and leaving that to the reviewer.

0 votes
seb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2011

Hi Brad,

A Crucible review has the following participant fields:

• Creator
  • Author
  • Reviwers

The "creator" is the only field which cannot be set - it is implied by the user actioning the create review operation. All other fields may be set by whoever is allowed; dictated by the permission scheme which has been configured for the project.

Infact, when you create a review directly from a FishEye changeset, Crucible is clever enough to determine that the author of the review should be the original author of the changeset which has been committed to the repository.

You will be able to change the Author of a review from the edit review details screen. Simply click on the "Edit Review" button (will only show up if you have permission).

However, it is currently not possible for one user to be both a "moderator" as well as a "reviewer", however this is usually not necessary as the Moderator can usually perform the same operations (and more) than a reviewer.

Cheers,

Seb

david.humeniuk@udri.udayton.edu July 10, 2012

I also would like for a moderator to be a reviewer. Sure a moderator can review the code, but there isn't an easy way to track whether a moderator has reviewed all the code (the % complete isn't displayed). Also, a moderator isn't notified of a review being created, only that a reviewer has completed reviewing a changeset.

Like Neha Gedela likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events