Crucible architecture.

Hi Guys,

I need to ask what is the best supported architecture for Crucible. Would it  be standalone or master slave structure. or anything else for that matter.

Thanks

Regards

3 answers

0 votes

Could you please elaborate what your needs are?

We are trying to install crucible with fisheye for production environment. When we install them are they separately install with different application server and database or they install as one application that leads to one database. The installation for the fisheye and Crucible for trial version comes as a bundle is there a difference when it comes to production installation. please could you elaborate how both work together. Thanks!!!

0 votes

FishEye and Crucible are shipped in the same binary (there's only a small difference on setup screens). You enable them by pasting proper license key(s). In my opinion the best is to have just one installation of Crucible. Having FishEye and Crucible installed separately (with separate databases) is usually superfluous, unless you have some very specific needs (like: different repositories to be scanned in both products etc).

Would we need to have different licenses for both fisheye and crucible ?? moreover, in such case there would be one application that has both crucible and fisheye plus one database which will store information from both. So in short Application server would be Cruccible and fisheye together. not different application on different or same servers.??

If you want to use both FishEye and Crucible then the answer is: yes, you have to purchase two licences. Please note that there is a possibility to run Crucible without FishEye, but it will lack some features - you can find more details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/crucible/what-happens-if-i-decide-to-stop-using-fisheye-with-crucible-298977364.html You have to paste these two license keys either on the setup screen during installation or later in the administration panel. Yes, in such case you will have one application that has both Crucible and FishEye and will use one database.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

454 views 2 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you