Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible - Run as a daemon - Mac OSX

Gavin Gavin October 3, 2011

Hi everyone,

I am running Crucible (starter edition) with PostgreSQL.

(I am also running Jira and have Jira starting as a daemon on startup. I also have the linkage between Jira and Crucible successfully working)

However for some reason I cannot get crucible to start, using the folowing instructions.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/How+to+run+Fisheye+or+Crucible+on+startup+on+Mac+OS+X

My question relates to the FISHEYE_INST key.

Is it needed if using an external database? and subsequently, if this was set incorrectly - could it be the cause of Crucible not starting on system startup?

As always - a big thanks for any thoughts you might have!

Gavin.

2 answers

1 vote
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2011

The FISHEYE_INST variable designates the location of your FishEye (and Crucible) instance data and it is not related to the use of an external database.

If FISHEYE_INST is not set correctly it could certainly cause Crucible problems when it attempts to start up.

Can you provide any details about what actually happens?

Gavin Gavin October 4, 2011

Hi Connor,

If I run the start.sh script from /bin - then crucible loads correctly and works fine and dandy.

it is simply a case of; it does not start automatically on "power on" of the machine.

I created a "data" directory to be FISHEYE_INST;

I copied config.xml into that directory, too.

And when I attept to use /bin/start.sh - crucible failed to start at all.

I copied the XML back to FISHEYE_HOME and all was well again.

I am sure I am missing something simple... but obviously can't work it out for myself!

Gavin.

0 votes
Gavin Gavin October 4, 2011

Seems I was missing a few steps;

(copying the data / var and cache directories).

Also I did not have the FISHEYE_INST variable set either.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events