Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible Indexing is very slow and Stuck

Balbir Balli September 1, 2015

I have initiated the indexing of data and its very slow and stuck at svn diff command.

I know the revisions and branches i want to avoid and should not be considered for indexing therefore i have exclusions in place. Its seem below command is standard procedure Crucible is following to grab the changes or difference.

svn diff --summarize -r 90907:90908 file:///D:/SubversionMirrors/Repos/Directory@90908

These particular revision and some other include more than million transaction or changes and taking very long time because of which indexing has not completed yet and review requests don't have proper data.

I tried below option to resolve this:

1. Configured exclusions
  2. Configured Symbolic rules
  3. Increased subversion timeout period to 1 day
  4. Tried fixing resource utilization to 1 and 3

Can anyone suggest me any option which can avoid svn diff command on the revision having million changes?

OR

How can i make my indexing faster and other issue i am in right now is indexing never completes but always show 99.9% completed. 

Can anyone please help?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Balbir Balli September 1, 2015

Hi Taha,

I used "time ./jsvn diff --summarize" feature in FISHEYE_INSTANCE/lib/svn/jsvn to know the time it would take to complete the command. As per result it should have finished the process in 1hr and 3 minutes but to my surprise it is not.

I know the similar revision which have milion changes and will take time not sure how much. I want to avoid those revision as the operation performed on those revisions was svn move to archive outdated old branches.

If there is anyway to avoid this command on those revision that would help to resolve the problem. 

Thanks for suggestion

Regards,

Balbir

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

You can tell Fisheye to Start Indexing from a particular revision but unfortunately you can't tell it to skip a particular revision. There is feature request with atlassian for this - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-626 I agree if we have feature to skip revision then it would be very handy in these case. We also faced this kind of issue in the past but only way to get around is to increase the time out and wait for these revision to complete. What Atlassian suggested to improve performance is to use *Native Subversion Client* but haven't tried since it may increase memory usage during reindexing. You can check this document for more info https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/native-subversion-client-298976879.html

Balbir Balli September 2, 2015

Thanks i think you are right wait is good way to move ahead.

1 vote
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2015

Hi Balbir,

Firstly try to run this command on you Subversion Server itself and note down the timing

svn diff --summarize -r 90907:90908 file:///D:/SubversionMirrors/Repos/Directory@90908

Then try to increase subversion timeout, it can be more than 1 day as well.

Taha

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events