Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible CLI Error

Shinjani Gaur February 18, 2016

I am using Mercurial and get the following error while trying to create a review on Crucible via the CLI:

Failed to anchor the patch to repository it, please check that the repository is the correct one

The command I am using is:

crucible --repository it -u <myusername> -m "Test review creation" -f README CR-ESS

The version of python I am using is 2.7.

Others have asked this question before and I have not seen a response.

1 answer

0 votes
lpater
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2016

Hi Shinjani,

The '-f' option is used to get the patch from the specified file. You're passing a file named README, which probably isn't a valid patch for your repository.

Usually you don't want to specify the option, and instead run the script in your repository checkout directory, and let it generate the patch based on changes in your local workspace.

Please try that. If you still have trouble, please raise a support issue so that we can investigate further.

Shinjani Gaur February 22, 2016

Thanks for the help. The 'README' was a new file that I had added and committed. I tried the command by editing a file instead but got the same error. Then I generated a patch file and ran again with the '-f' option and still got the exact same error . 

Will open a support issue as you suggested.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events