Creating global password for all repositories in FishEye.

We have more than 100 repositories in FishEye and all of them using same credential (functional account) for checkout. The password for this account expires every 3 months and we have to modify it in each repository separately which is  very cumbersome. Is there a way we can store this credential at one place like globally, So that when password expires we have to modify it only once.

2 answers

0 vote

Repository credentials are stored in config.xml. You can edit this file directly and just use find&replace to update the password. Restart the server after updating this file.

0 vote
Lukasz Pater Atlassian Team Mar 16, 2016

Hi Nilesh,

This is currently not possible within the application itself. As Marek suggested, you can modify the config.xml file, to change attributes for the <repository> elements (the exact attribute differs depending on the repository type and authentication method, you'll probably want 'password').

There's also a feature request to allow managing shared repository credentials in the application at Please vote for it and leave your comment there.

Best regards,

Łukasz Pater

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

488 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot