Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a subtask from Crucible review

Michał Wieczorek April 6, 2014

Hi,

I have parent issue with many subtasks. I make a commit with one of the subtasks ID in the commit message.

Then I create a review - review is linked with that subtask.

When I'm making a review I want to create issue from the comment, but not another 'parent issue' but additional subtask.

Is it possible to create subtask which will have the same parent issue?

Do you know is there any feature request for this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michał Wieczorek May 1, 2014

So: It's not possible to accomplish that.

New Feature Request was made: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-6798

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 7, 2014

Yes.

You can create a sub-task from a Crucible comment, for the issue which is linked to your review.

If you mention the original parent issue in the Review Title, or link it directly via the "Link Review" button, then it will be possible to do what you want.

From a comment in Crucible, you can then simply hit the 'create issue' button, and then select the 'sub-task' issue type, and you'll have a sub-task created from that comment.

Michał Wieczorek April 7, 2014

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the answer.

You can create a sub-task from a Crucible comment, for the issue which is linked to your review.

But as I wrote: review is linked to the subtask not the parent issue.

So there's no way to do it? (I don't want to manually change linked issue to the parent)

Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2014

You must mention have the parent issue linked somehow to the review.

Either directly via the native issue linking in Crucible, or implicitely by putting it in the review title.

Once you do that, you'll be able to create a sub-task of that issue from a comment.

Michał Wieczorek April 13, 2014

Ok, I'm closing this question (even though solution is not exactly what I wanted)

Michał Wieczorek April 27, 2014

My review is linked to the subtask via native issue linking. I put parent issue id in review title.

But I still cannot create subtask from comment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events