Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create FishEye Repo Linked to Stash Repo

Shelli January 29, 2016

I am trying to create a FishEye repository (v 3.10.1) that is linked to a Git/Stash repository (v 3.5.1) but cannot get FE to connect to Stash.  There may be some network issues that are being looked into by our ops team, but in the meantime I would like to confirm that I am doing the correct steps.

In FE when adding a new repo we:

• choose Git as the repo type
  • set the repository location using the SSH URL provided by Stash for cloning the repo
  • set the authentication style to "Generate key pair for ssh" and generate them
  • copy the public key from FE and add it as an access key in Stash

When I test the connection, it fails.  sad

4 answers

1 vote
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2016

For your information, since FishEye 3.4+ and Stash (now called Bitbucket Server by the way) 2.11.4+ instance admin can add Stash repositories to FishEye with few clicks only, if only Application Link is configured. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/integrating-fisheye-with-bitbucket-server-587303683.html for more details.

But the approach you have taken should also work smoothly.  If the only details you see is that connection failed, I would advise to enable debug logging in FishEye (admin / Server / click Debug button) and try connecting once again.  Once it fails you should see more details in the server log (FISHEYE_INST/var/log/atlassian-fisheye-DATE.log).  

The problem could be indeed on the network level.  Try perhaps connecting to stash from FishEye instance with a telnet tool, e.g. assuming you stash instance is stash.mydomain.com and the git over ssh port used (extracted from your SSH URL provided by stash) is 7990, try running

telnet stash.mydomain.com 7990

if it breaks, it's proves there is no connectivity on the network level.

Hope that helps,

Piotr

Shelli February 1, 2016

This is what I get at debug level

2016-02-01 10:44:37,138 DEBUG [qtp467796378-113973 ection-1454348677136] fisheye DvcsProcessMonitor-onBeforeStart - Starting process: git ls-remote -h ssh://git@stash.my.server:7999/mru/moruui.git

2016-02-01 10:44:37,140 DEBUG [qtp467796378-113973 ection-1454348677136] fisheye DvcsProcessMonitor-onAfterFinished - Finished process: git ls-remote -h ssh://git@stash.my.server:7999/mru/moruui.git

When I run the "git ls-remote -h ssh://git@stash.my.server:7999/mru/moruui.git" from my command line, it fails because the git command is not found.  Our server is running CentOS 5.5 so installing git on it is a bit of an adventure.  Thanks for the help.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2016

Did you enable debug logging?

0 votes
Shelli January 29, 2016

Only that the connection failed, nothing useful.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
January 29, 2016

Do you see any errors in the log?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events