Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Reviews disappeared after changing repo path

Ben Rebadow April 11, 2017

I had a customer ask to relocate a project in a repo, from one repo to another, on the same SVN server.  I stopped the Crucible repo until the move was complete and then updated the path in Crucible to the new location of the repo and then started the repo again in Crucible.  After changing this path, my customer said that his code reviews have disappeared from Crucible.  I doubled checked the path and then re-indexed the repo in Crucible, but the code reviews are still missing.

Is it possible to get the reviews back from somewhere or know why this would happen?

1 answer

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2018

After changing this path, my customer said that his code reviews have disappeared from Crucible.

Could you please clarify what do you mean that reviews have disappeared?:

• they are no longer visible in the Crucible project or
  • they are visible but you are unable to see diffs in a the review

If this is the first case, then please explain in more details how did you perform the repository move. I suspect that you deleted a Crucible project (with all it's reviews) and next created new one. If yes, then your reviews are lost and you'd have to restore them from backup.

If this is a second case, then the most probably you had the 'store diff content' option disabled in your Crucible project. Please check it in the admin panel. When this option is enabled (which is default) diffs being part of a review are persisted in a database, so even if the repository is deleted, you can still see them. 

Ben Rebadow July 18, 2018

It turns out that the issue was because the revisions, for the project copied, were different in the source repo than they ended up being in the destination repo, therefore the Crucible reviews will not show because the revision numbers for the reviews no longer match up.  We have discouraged our engineers from moving projects out of SVN repos, and into new ones, if they have Reviews that need to be kept alive in Crucible.

Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2018

> We have discouraged our engineers from moving projects out of SVN repos.

Could you specify, please?

Does it mean that you migrated part of your SVN repo to another SVN repo (using svnadmin dump + svndumpfilter commands)? If yes then what settings did you use? I am asking, because it should be possible to keep numbering of revisions in such new repository  - just don't use --drop-empty-revs option. 

In case you migrated your SVN repo to another SCM system (e.g. Git), then indeed, due to completely new commit hashes, Crucible will not be able to link files in code reviews with the new repository. However, as I wrote before, having the "Store the contents of files in reviews" option enabled (it's enabled by default) will allow you to see diffs even if repository is migrated (you won't be just able to easily click to see the entire file content).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events