Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot commit to Atlassian OnDemand SVN repository

Yu Ning April 9, 2012

I am working on a project hosted on Atlassian OnDemand. Yesterday when I tried to commit some code to its built-in SVN repository, I got the following error from TortoiseSVN:

Command Commit
Error Commit failed (details follow):
Error Can't create directory '/data/jirastudio/svn/root/db/transactions/17-z.txn': No
Error such file or directory

I was able to commit to the same SVN repository just a week ago. The error looks like a permission issue, but I did not change the default permission settings for that project. I am in the administrators, developers, and users groups.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? Any help is appreciated!

2 answers

1 vote
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

Hi Raph, I recommend you to create a support ticket for this at support.atlassian.com. The support engineers are usually quite responsive and can help you solve this problem quickly :)

Yu Ning April 9, 2012

Hi Dennis, many thanks! I just created a support ticket. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.

Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

Great! Be sure to mark this question as answered to help others find this question :)

0 votes
Yu Ning April 11, 2012

An Atlassian engineer fixed the issue after I created a support ticket for it. It turned out that the problem was on the Atlassian OnDemand server. The following is from the engineer's comment:

It looks like there was a side-effect of an outage your instance experienced over the weekend. I have repaired the missing directory and was able to successfully commit after that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events