Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we add more than 1 repository to 1 crucible project?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2014

HI All

At present it seems fisheye/crucible has this limitation that only one repository can be linked to one crucible project.

I have a use-case where i have tens of different repositories that i need to add to a crucible project. It does not make sense to have 10 projects for 10 different repositories espicially when all those 10 repositories correspond to the same module the same team is working on it.

How do i get round this problem?

I am on fisheye 3.2.2

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2014

Like @Chris Wundramsaid, you can add any changeset to a Crucible review; in a pinch or when you have a repo that is only going to rarely add to a Crucible project, that's your best bet.

THat said, Crucible supports both many-repos-to-one-project model, and vice versa - one repo can be in many Crucible projects. The UI isn't the greatest - you have to create the Crucible project against one repo (Fisheye repo) to begin with, then go into the Admin cog and pick Projects, then edit the "Fisheye Content" of the Crucible project. You'll be right at the screen to add as many other Fisheye indexed repos as you want to your Crucible project. I believe that's what you are looking for.

I would guess 70% of our Crucible projects are each mapped to a single Fisheye repo; maybe 20% are mapped to 2-4 repos, and the last 10% are mapped to 10+ repos.

-Kelly Schoenhofen

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

That helps Kelly, thanks.

Rahul

2 votes
Chris Wundram February 12, 2014

The linking of repository to project seems to just set the default repository. You can still add changesets from any repostory to your review. You are not limited by this.

1 vote
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2014

You can link many repositories to a project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events