Can't startup Crucible evaluation on Mac

Deleted user November 7, 2011

I'm trying to evaluate Crucible but can't get it to start on my Mac. I get the following stack trace when running run.sh:

ERROR: problem running command

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl.mainImpl(FishEyeCtl.java:98)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.FishEyeCtl.main(FishEyeCtl.java:41)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.props from class org.apache.log4j.xml.SubstitutingDOMConfigurator

at org.apache.log4j.xml.SubstitutingDOMConfigurator.(SubstitutingDOMConfigurator.java:11)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.BaseCommand.setupLogging(BaseCommand.java:153)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.Run.mainImpl(Run.java:86)

at com.cenqua.fisheye.ctl.Run.main(Run.java:77)

... 6 more

I found a similar problem but there wasn't a real resolution to it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-2984

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2011

This problem was caused by a log4j.jar in the JRE's extensions directory. The version of log4j in that jar was different to the version required by FishEye/Crucible.

It is bad policy to place jars in the JRE's extensions directory -- you can never guarantee that all your applications will want the same version.

Deleted user November 21, 2011

Specifically, on the Mac, the conflicting JARs were in /Library/Java/Extensions - I have a feeling it's MacPorts that put them there.

0 votes
Conor
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2011

The bug you referenced suggest that the problem was caused by another instance of the log4j jar. Do you have a similar problem?

How are you starting Crucible? Do you have a classpath set?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events