Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't activate Jira users in Crucible: "A Display name is required"

Inavero Purchasing December 16, 2014

Trying to activate a user in crucible, we've got plenty of license headroom to do so, gives me these 3 errors when I try to click the checkbox and save:

• This user's details are held externally, so the email address and display name cannot be edited in FishEye and Crucible.

• A display name is required.

• Not a valid email address.

Of course the user is held in Jira, and crowd authenticated to fisheye/crucible, so there is a valid email & display name. This user has been an active crucible user in the past as well.

On editing the user in Crucible I see the email/display name, they are greyed out and uneditable since they come from Jira. Hitting the save button clears the email/displayname fields when the page reloads and displays errors. Looks like a code regression in fisheye/crucible, where it can't tell those fields are indeed populated on form submit. Tested in latest Chrome & Firefox, crucible v3.6.2

1 answer

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2014

Hi Justin,

As the Crucible user option is present only in Crucible I think it should be possible to edit it even the user being handled externally, so I've raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CRUC-7063for it. Please consider applying the workaround suggested in the bug report.

Please allow me also to add I observed this only with version 3.6.x. In version 3.5.x it is working fine.

Regards,
Gustavo Refosco

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events