Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can fisheye suggest issues a user might want to link when checking something in (perforce specifically)?

Pat Corwin April 9, 2015

I see lots of broad statements of "linking JIRA and perforce" but I want to know about actual experience of checking something in, which I haven't been able to find.

A user goes to check in something and they need to put the JIRA issue key in; is there something that suggests what issue to link up (sensibly open issues assigned to said user and possibly recently linked issues)?

We haven't started using Fisheye but suspect we will soon and want to be prepared for it.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Hi Pat,

As check-ins/commits are made outside of FishEye, directly at repository level, there's no way FishEye can suggest JIRA issues. 

The development team must specify the JIRA issue key within the commit message when committing code into the repository.

FishEye only accesses repositories in "read-only" mode in order to index them, and commits get displayed in the web interface after FishEye indexes them.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events