Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can fisheye parse and index word files

Sagar Dhedia July 21, 2011

Hi,

I have some word files saved in my svn repository.I want to search the file based on contents of files.

Does fisheye parses and indexes word files.If not,can someone suggest a method by which this can be done so that I can search the files based on its contents.

Thanks,

Sagar

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2011

Use an svn hook or crontav to convert the committed word contents to text (use some perl script) and commit that into the same path with a different file name.

Fisheye will automatically parse that.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2011

For some reason I dislike this idea intensely. Vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/FE-659.</p<>>

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2011

Voted, but till this feature gets implemented, we need some workarounds ;)

Sagar Dhedia July 24, 2011

Thanks Renjith will try this.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Up vote ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events