• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can I do a 'merge' from Crucible - just like a PR in bitbucket?

The title says it all.  A lovely workflow Bitbucket has is the ability to merge right from the Bitbucket review. Is there any way to perform the same operation from within crucible or would the flow go:

• make commits and push to Bitbucket branch
  • make crucible branch review and 'complete' it
  • make Bitbucket pull request and 'Instantly merge it' (since the review was done via crucible)

I'm open to any solutions. I've been searching many days for an answer to this question but boy - my search-foo is weak, i can't find this exact question asked/answered anywhere

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Vitalii Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2016

Unfortunately you cannot.
Crucible performs "read-only" operations, it doesn't modify repository like Bitbucket does.

Is there any other solution like writing some plugin or hook to this? 

I would love to have this a feature on Crucible or have PR's have the same code review features as Crucible....

Thanks for the crazy fast answer @Vitalii Petrychuk . smile  I'd personally just favor Atlassian taking crucible entirely and making it an 'online' option. Until then I hope your product managers are listening to these sorts of requests.

Thanks again

Vitalii Atlassian Team Jan 05, 2016

You are welcome :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Bitbucket Smart Commits vs. Genius Commits - What's the difference?

If you already heard about Smart Commits in Bitbucket, know that you just stumbled upon something even better (and smarter!): Genius Commits by Better DevOps Automation for Jira Data Center (+ Server...

114 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you