Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic login to fisheye's diff view

Thomas Krug August 2, 2011

Hi,

when navigating from Jira's source tab to fisheye's diff view a login is required. Since our Fisheye instance is using the same external User Management (Ldap) it would be great if the 2nd login would not be required any more.

I set up app links already, but this does not seem to make the login obsolete. Our Jira is still on 4.1.

Regards,

Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2011

You'd need to set up some form of SSO, for instance using Crowd although that is by no means the only answer.

JIRA does not retain your password so could not pass it to Fisheye, and they do not share session authentication cookies (which is where Crowd would come in).

Thomas Krug August 2, 2011

Thanx. What I am really missing is a "Remember me" option in Fisheye. This would help very much.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2011

I have a "remember" cookie with a 24 hour expiration and I'm not prompted to login... I don't remember setting that up specifically. Probably there is somewhere you can increase the expiration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events