Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian FishEye Crucible Server (3.4) fails to start

bitisuvanje April 25, 2014

I have installed the atlassian-crucible-3.4.0-x64 packet in order to upgrade our instace. Everything is there, I can start the server through the "start" batch file. This is the error (std.err.txt)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rstephens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2014

Hi Adam,

There are two ways to configure JVM options for the Fisheye/Crucible service. Firstly you can use the Regedit method for JIRA described in the documentation page linked here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Increasing+JIRA+Memory

Alternatively, you can use the prunmgr from Apache Daemon tools to edit the service options. It can be downloaded here:

http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/daemon/binaries/windows/

Once downloaded, you need to run prunmgr.exe with one of these command lines

prunmgr.exe "//ES/Atlassian FishEye"

or

prunmgr.exe "//ES/Atlassian Crucible"

We will be publishing more documentation on this shortly.
Kind Regards
Richard Stephens
bitisuvanje April 27, 2014

The prunmgr.exe done the job.

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2014

Hello Adam,

please increase your permgem memory allocation and start again. This link could help you https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=423297805

Regards,

Fabio

That should not be the answer, I'm talking about the latest version that installs the windows service with installing Crucible. Runs through "start" batch file, why the service won't start.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2014

I'm afraid the log is telling you what is wrong - it has not got enough memory. As Fabio says, you need to increase it. It doesn't matter that "it should not be the error", the fact is that it is.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2014

Thanks Nic. From the log file it seems that it is a memory issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2014

Exactly. There's no way of knowing exactly why there is a memory issue until you can get it running and examine the java process memory usage. But the log is 100% clear - it hasn't got enough memory and it needs more.

Guys, the thing is that it is working if I start through "start" batch file. The problem is the service installed with the installer. I need this to run as service. Where to change the parameters for the service. No wrapper wrapper config and stuff.

These are the facts:

JAVA Version: 1.7.0_55

Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

JVM input arguments: -Djsse.enableSNIExtension=false -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m

(They must work on this input.)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2014

Thank you Fabio, but as I have said there is no wrapper installed. The new installation (3.4) installs the server by it self, and in the process there is nothing to configure.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2014

Look in the registry for the startup of fisheye.

It very common for a service requires more memory because it has a stronger integration with the windows operating system (ie the service start, stop, restart and monitor interfaces as one example).

I did not find the documentation I would expect for a service, but I would try to use the Jira service documentation to figure things out.

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2014

Hi Adam,

sorry for that. There's a specific how-to guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Increasing+JIRA+Memory

This is for JIRA but could be used as example to increase your Fisheye Service.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events