Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Adaptavist Atlassian Partner!

Mark Holmes (Adaptavist) October 25, 2022

Greetings all! I am a new Adaptavist, getting up to speed on my first Cloud Migration!

What brought me here was the mention of Nested Group flattening when using Azure AD sync at https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/prepare-nested-groups-for-cloud-migration/. Seems there is an EAP for this.

Anyway, all the best!

2 comments

Comment

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2022

Interesting 

I recently migrated a system to Cloud and the approach was to script changes to flatten the groups in Jira just prior to migration. We had no control over a larger corporate directory to manage changes in structure. We had relied on lots of corporate LDAP structures to manage access for regions and departments using the company’s processes for user onboarding. Sadly no longer possible in the new Cloud Access set up.

Like Vish Reddy _Revyz_ likes this
Luis Machado
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2022

Thanks for sharing @Mark Holmes (Adaptavist) I wasn't aware of the EAP.

Mark Holmes (Adaptavist) October 26, 2022

I have been told that the EAP may no longer be available. I may be scripting the group flattening as well.

Ben Borecki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2022

Hey @Tom Lister we believe that you can still use nested groups in LDAP structures to manage access to our Cloud products. However, you'll need a Cloud IdP as a proxy between LDAP and Atlassian cloud products. It means you'd keep nested structures in LDAP, then nested groups would become flattened within Cloud IdP and sent to Atlassian cloud products in a flattened way. That shouldn't impact the way you managed access in LDAP, while being in on-premise, as flattened nested groups preserve correct group memberships. We described how flattening works here: here: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/prepare-nested-groups-for-cloud-migration/ 

@Mark Holmes (Adaptavist) the EAP is still available, you can still explore it. More details can be found here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Enterprise-articles/Nested-groups-flattening-with-Azure-AD-sync-Early-Access-Program/ba-p/2075553 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022
Mark Holmes (Adaptavist) November 23, 2022

Thank you @Dave Mathijs

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events