Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self-host JIRA data center on cloud Azure or AWS for production

Meenal Menghani June 10, 2019

We are planning to self-host JIRA data center on cloud. I was checking Azure, but it is mentioned 'Recommended for proof of concept only' (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download/data-center). Have few queries:

1) What does it mean by 'Recommended for proof of concept only'. Can I use 

Deploying Jira Data Center to Azure via Azure marketplace for production purpose.

2)  Azure market place show only trial plan.(https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps/atlassian.jira-data-center?tab=PlansAndPrice)

3) AWS or Azure which is best for hosting JIRA data center 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2019

Hi @Meenal Menghani , 

1. the 'Recommended for proof of concept only' is meant for the templates that you can find in Azure or AWS. These templates will help you test quickly Data Center, but are not recommended for production as they might not be integrated with your existing infrastructure.
  2. I think this only means that you get an evaluation licence out of the box. You can always upgrade the licence to a production one afterwards.
  3. AWS or Azure offer basically the same service. You can always compare costs between them if you need to choose. Otherwise they will have the same set of feature for Data Center.

Let me know if you have any questions, 

--Alexis

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2019

Hi @Meenal Menghani,

@Alexis Robert is correct I have used the Azure template and it was great in an MSDN subscription to provide all the components that are required to get Jira Data Center up and running in a stand alone envrionement.

However, now that we are moving forward with getting it running on production, there are a number of pieces that just aren't necessary, we were able to simplify things down to needing just a single VM scale set, an Azure load balancer and a new storage account.  We will be integrating it with our existing network (but adding a new sub domain) and we already have an Azure SQL DB instance that we will store the new database in.

We also changed a number of the sizing options as they weren't appropriate for our usage patterns.

I hope that helps.

-James

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events