Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of attachments in Altassian Helm Charts

robert.haskins November 28, 2023

We have a recent deployment of the Atlassian Confluence helm charts on a single non-clustered pod. I am setting up backups but have noticed that the attachments are on the EBS volume? I am surprised that they are not on the EFS volume by default as I understood the EBS volume to be "throwaway".

root@confluence-0:/var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/attachments/ver003# df -h .

Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/nvme1n1    590G  899M  589G   1% /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence

What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Yevhen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2023

This is to emphasize that leaving it as emptyDir: {} will result in data loss. You can definitely use a custom volume for local home if you run in a non clustered mode.

0 votes
Yevhen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2023

In a non clustered mode, confluence home is the source of truth. So, it should be EBS backed.

robert.haskins November 28, 2023

In the values.yaml, I see the following notes when provisioning the "local-home" volume:

# NOTE: Due to the ephemeral nature of pods this approach to provisioning volumes for

# pods is not recommended. Dynamic provisioning described above is the prescribed

# approach.

I have configured the local-home volume via the dynamic approach on an EBS volume per this comment. 

So would you recommend moving to a single/multi node cluster setup then? Or using the non-recommended customVolume approach?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events