Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate total duration of a ticket in particular custom field.

Suseendran Rajkumar April 10, 2023

Is this possible in custom field or scripted field.

Calculate the time duration of ticket

calculation is start when  ticket is entered to open status close when ticket entered to closed status.

kindly suggest their is any alternate way to calculate time duration id ticket.

4 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Suseendran Rajkumar February 7, 2024

Hi,

Time in status Plugin which i used to for this issue.

Time in Status | Atlassian Marketplace

Gizem Gökçe _OBSS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 7, 2024

Hello Suseendran,

As the Product Manager for Time in Status, I am delighted to hear that you are benefiting from our product. If you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please feel free to contact me at plugin@obss.tech

I'll be happy to help!

Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 8, 2024

Hello @Suseendran Rajkumar 

As an alternative, you can try Time in Status for Jira Data Center developed by my team. It generates 3 types of status time reports.

During 2023 we did not provide Data Center version, but now we are available.
I'm sure that our add-on will help you find bottlenecks.

tis dc 1.png
>> Try it free for 30 days.

🔥 Exciting insights and powerful results in your work!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sakina Baghirova April 10, 2023

Hi, @Suseendran Rajkumar 

Can you try something like this?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def createdDate= issue.created as Date
def resolutionDate= issue.resolutionDate as Date

def durationMillis = resolutionDate.getTime() - createdDate.getTime()
def duration = (durationMillis/1000).toLong()

Suseendran Rajkumar April 10, 2023

Hi, @Sakina Baghirova ,

Thank you.

Like Sakina Baghirova likes this
Sakina Baghirova April 10, 2023

as Scripted Field

Suseendran Rajkumar April 11, 2023

Hi @Sakina Baghirova

I found another way to calculate total duration of Ticket.

Thanks for suggesting script it also need full.

Like Sakina Baghirova likes this
0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
February 8, 2024

Hi @Suseendran Rajkumar

As an alternative, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app. For your case, you can have a look at Time in Status for Each Issue report. You can filter by Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Created fields or by typing your own JQL(using "Switch to JQL" button). For further details, you can have a look at Status Time Reports How to Videos.

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, resolution time, cycle time and lead time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a completely free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Reports Free.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2023

Hello @Suseendran Rajkumar 

It's a popular request in the community and I hope you find the solution.

Suseendran Rajkumar April 11, 2023

Hi @Mariana_Pryshliak_SaaSJet 

Yes i found a solution with a plugin.

Its wonder to explore new thing in jira.

PNG Jira Lead April 11, 2023

hi @Suseendran Rajkumar 

could you share the plugin that helped you, that other members might benefit from the same insight?

Thanks in advance,

-Darren

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events