When does Crowd 3.7 go out of support?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hey Chris,

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "out of support" - however, since 3.7 was released in October 2019, and Crowd is now on 5.x - my suspicion would be that if you had any issues you reached out to Atlassian to resolve - bugs/features/security - one of the first steps would be requesting you moved to a MUCH more current version. Crowd does not have an "LTS" ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/long-term-support-releases-948227420.html ) which means they will not release security updates on 3.7, and there have been quite a number of security fixes since the 3.7 release.

I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading from 3.7 to at least 4.4.x or 5.x - you'll be securing your organisation against a number of security issues, as well as getting stability/performance and functional improvements. 

CCM

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2022

Indeed - I'll add that the official Atlassian Support End of Life (EOL) date for Crowd 3.7 has been Oct 3, 2021.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events