What changes to applications that use Crowd do I need to do when migrating and upgrading Crowd?

I am upgrading Crowd from 2.2.7 to 2.5.1 by installing/migrating it to a new server and new DB (MYSQL) and importing the XML from the old Crowd instance. That has worked fine for a test instance. I know I need to edit my applications' (Jira, Bamboo, Confluence) atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/crowd.properties files to reflect the new URL for the new Crowd instance and restart them.

Do I need to do anything else to those applications? For example, do I need to update the versions of the atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/crowd<whatever>.jar files, or update plugins?

1 answer

0 vote

Not all the applications use crowd.properties now. They use it for SSO but there are other configurations in the UI where the crowd server url needs to be changed.

And if the url is not using cnames, you should better have an admin user who can login and change it after Crowd is moved to the new server.

I am not sure about the jar version but you can find it in your Crowd server itself.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Feb 27, 2018 in Crowd

The Crowd team is looking for feedback on Server & Data Center customers' identity strategies!

Do you own more than one Server or Data Center product? Do you have challenges provisioning users across your Atlassian products? Are you spending a lot of time integrating each Atlassian product wit...

1,163 views 6 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you