User inactive in Crowd, but it is active in AD.

Damian Wodzinski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2020

Hi,

My company was using shared mailbox for HR, but it turns out, that Crowd mark those accounts as inactive. 

So we made this account as a normal user, not as a shared mailbox, but this didn't help. In crowd I can see, that this user is still not marked as active. I tried the full sync, but it didn't help. What can we do more to make it working? 

We only want to be able to send emails from this mailbox to Jira, to create new tickets. But in logs we can see, that Jira rejected those emails, cause this user is not active.

2 answers

0 votes
n0manarmy December 7, 2020

So I corrected my issue by updating the field records in the Crowd database manually. We had to do this because we have read only access to active directory. Our admin accounts done have email addresses so we are unable to update the crowd user account because it requires an email address.

I ran:

UPDATE cwd_user SET active = 'T' WHERE user_name LIKE 'my admin name criteria' AND active = 'F';

0 votes
n0manarmy December 7, 2020

Damian did you find an answer for this? We're experiencing the same issue. I have 6 admin accounts created in our AD structure to use specifically for managing our Jira instances. 5 of the 6 accounts show INACTIVE. The users are able to log in with these accounts but the accounts but after a very short period of time are forced logged off.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events