Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Trouble integrating MS AD Active Directory and Crowd

I’m having trouble with active directory integration. I was able to set up a directory in Crowd for AD/LDAP, but I can’t import, view or search for any users.When I try to import from AD I get this message: User encryption algorithms must match between directories

1 answer

0 votes
Marcin Kempa Atlassian Team Mar 13, 2018

Hi @ian_alexander

After configuring remote directory (Active Directory in your example) you should not need to do any kind of manually import as the synchronization should happen automatically so there is no need to do the import using the user import functionality.

The way search functionality works, it allows you to search over users that were synchronized from remote directory and are cached locally in the data base.

In the user search screen you need to provide the directory you would like to search users from, at the moment there is no possibility to search for users in Crowd across multiple directories at once.

Could you also test the connection in the directory configuration screen and verify if the baseDN as well as the LDAP filters match your remote directory structure? Do you have caching enabled for this directory?

I hope that this helps, let me know if you need more information.

Marcin Kempa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Service Desk

Calling all Insight users, we need your help!

Hello Insight users,  As part of our (Mindville's) acquisition by Atlassian, our training team is looking to build some new Insight training materials. It would really helpful if you can ...

163 views 1 1
View question

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you