Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to turn on SSO, now the Crowd app's login page infinitely redirects!

Andrew Pennebaker February 5, 2013

I tried to follow the Atlassian tutorials for enabling SSO, and now I can't login to the Crowd application. When I enter my login name and password, it redirects back to the same login page.

7 answers

1 vote
Addam Webber May 29, 2013

I have, it was a problem with the URL-intercepts in my security.xml file since I am using springsecurity. I needed to make sure I did not have my login page in the intercept area and I needed to make sure my catch-all did not catch my login page either.

0 votes
Daniel Wong May 29, 2014

We had this error when we first implemented SSO across the Atlassian suite. As I recall it was a proxy problem. Are you running your Crowd installation behind a reverse proxy? Check the settings in crowd.properties and your http conf

0 votes
Sebastian Fyda May 22, 2014

I have exacly the same issue, no additional info in any logs, none of apps are working.

0 votes
Ryan Dunn May 24, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Ever solve this one?

Ryan

0 votes
Andrew Pennebaker February 6, 2013

Crowd infinitely redirects logins, and JIRA refuses to accept HTTP requests. Bamboo and Confluence allow login, but they do not exhibit SSO.

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

can you login to the connected applications? Is it just Crowd you can't get into?

0 votes
Robert Chang
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2013

Hi Andrew,

Odd as it sounds, I've seen this behavior occur due to old cookies on the browser. Could you see if using another browser or clearing the browser cache has any effect on this?

If not, do you see any errors in the Crowd logs (<crowd_home>/logs/atlassian-crowd.log)? What your SSO domain set to, and what URL are you accessing Crowd with?

-Rob

Andrew Pennebaker February 6, 2013

I cleared all cookies related to the Atlassian apps. No change. SSO domain is set to ".localhost", as I'm testing the apps on my computer. My boss tried turning SSO on for our live apps with the same result, so the problem shouldn't be limited to the use of localhost.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events